The company Dravske elektrarne Maribor, d. o. o. is a leading company in the field of efficient use of renewable sources of energy in Slovenia, which provides with its development orientation quality energy in an environmentally friendly way, with the objective of economic performance and coherent sustainable development of the environment and market in which it operates. The scope of quality management in DEM includes the quality system compliant with standard ISO 9001, environmental management compliant with standard ISO 14001, occupational health and safety compliant with standard ISO 45001, IT security under ISO IEC 27001, continuity of operations and a Family Friendly Company Certificate.
The management policy of the company is based on the strategic guidelines of Holding slovenske elektrarne d. o .o. (HSE), which is the sole owner and shareholder of the company DEM.
The following strategic objectives of the company are pursued as part of the policy:
- increasing production from renewable sources of energy,
- increasing reliability and uninterrupted production of electricity,
- improving the availability of key equipment and devices,
- cost optimisation in the production of electricity,
- improving the energy and ecological potential of the Drava River,
- improving occupational health and safety,
- improving the operation of the information protection system.
Top management is committed to:
- constantly improving the systems of quality management, environmental protection, occupational health and safety, IT security and family friendly operation,
- consistently monitoring and respecting the requirements of legislation and all relevant interested parties,
- respecting environmental protection, prevention of environmental pollution and improvement of the environmental management effect,
- preventing accidents and injuries at work and injuries to health,
- informing all who work for or on behalf of DEM about the company's policy,
- regularly communicating with the company's employees, suppliers, clients and the public (local communities, neighbours, civil initiatives, state bodies, etc.) with the purpose of maintaining and improving mutual trust.