Ceršak small HPP: the first on the Mura River
The Ceršak Small HPP has been operating within the scope of the Dravske Elektrarne Maribor company since 2005.
Exploitation of the hydro energy of the Mura River dates back to the beginning of the 20th century when water power was used in Ceršak to drive machinery. The power plant was fully reconstructed in 1955.
The channel-type power plant with a 3 m available head and a flow of 27,3 m3/s achieves a power of 662 kW and can generate 4,32 million kWh of electricity annually. It works in combination with the diversion dam and a 1290 m long supply channel. The channel has two side safety spillways, with an additional safety spillway in the power house with plate gates. The building contains three Francis turbines, one driving the asynchronous generator and the other two, which are mechanically connected, drive the synchronous generator. The discharge channel is 1600 m long.